21 Apr 2013

Vienna House


Vienna House
Pencil drawing, Winter 2013

Recently we have been staying in a suburb of Vienna. The street we were in had a lovely range of large old and new houses. The old ones dated back to the 1880's. Some of the new ones had wonderful modern styling with stainless steal canopies, smoked glass windows and innovative structures. It was a delight to walk around these streets. However, there was one house which stood out because it had almost no styling at all. It was painted a smokey orange colour, which looked good, but otherwise it was just a cube with a black flat roof and square windows. I really liked it for its simplicity. It intrigued me and thus I produced this drawing.

I will next produce a painting so that I can capture its colour in the landscape. 
Will post this here soon.

No comments: